Forms of hosting solutions
A hosting service is related to keeping and/or sharing particular web content on a web server hosted by a website hosting distributor. There are different forms of hosting services used for different goals, so let's take a gaze at them. In this way, you can pick what you want, on the basis of whether you desire to create a site, email mailbox accounts, or to share files with mates and associates.
- File hosting: a solution supplied by given web hosts, which permits you to share bulky files. These could be disk images, movies, audio files, archived documents, etc. This solution is also known as file storage, and its single designation is to share files, since it does not support site uploading. As soon as the files are uploaded, you will either receive an accidentally created download link for each of them, or you will be able to read a table of all the files in a directory, but you will be unable to view .html or .php web page files in your browser. Free file hosting services are frequently supported by showing adverts by the download links, while a timer obliges you to wait for a given amount of time to observe them. A single file can be downloaded with limited speed. If you purchase a paid file storage package, there are no restrictions as to how many files you can upload/download immediately, and also there is no limit with regard to the download speed or the file size.
At present, with the help of the cPanel hosting vendors, "file hosting" is being renamed to the more trendy "cloud hosting". This is a completely inaccurate interpretation of the actual connotation of "cloud hosting". A real cloud website hosting platform would allot the load between different bunches of hosting servers in a cluster, which are dedicated to attending miscellaneous hosting services (mail, disk storage, statistics, DNS, databases, website hosting Control Panel, and so on.) So, the file hosting service is merely a brand of a data storage hosting service, not a cloud hosting one. It's not even near.
- Image hosting: resembling file hosting; given companies provide a hosting solution for images only. This hosting variant is good if you want to share a large quantity of images with comrades or associates since the solution is typically free of cost. You will receive a randomly generated link for each pic or album and you can subsequently share this link. As with the file storage service, .html and .php files are not compatible, so the service cannot be utilized for web sites.
- Email hosting: a solution devoted to tackling your mails. Some firms offer website hosting solutions for websites, but do not offer an email hosting solution. If you would like to open an email address with your domain name but do not desire to keep a website, then the email hosting service is what you want. You can set up email mailbox accounts and administer them, but there will be no hosting service for the domains. The e-mail hosting service involves incoming POP/IMAP and outgoing SMTP e-mail servers.
- Video hosting: this solution allows you to upload and share video files. You can either share a link to a particular video clip, or you can embed the video in your web page that is hosted somewhere else. The benefit of using this approach instead of uploading the video in a web hosting account is that the video file brings about a certain amount of CPU load, so with a few video files and several hundred web page visitors, you may have difficulty with your web hosting supplies. Embedding the video file will allow you to operate as many video clips as you wish without hassling about system resources.
- Website hosting: this is the solution that you require if you want to have a site. To a certain degree, it includes all of the aforesaid hosting varieties since, along with your web sites, you can also host pics and files, you can set up databases and email address accounts, upload video clips, and so on. At mazzei Hosting, for example, you can have a peek at web hosting and dedicated web server hosting packages that enable you to have all of the abovementioned services in a single location. There may be restrictions based on the sort of hosting service that you've opted for - a free hosting package, a paid shared hosting plan, a VPS or a dedicated server. Based on that, your web hosting package may be better or worse compared to the regular email/file/video/image hosting packages that are conceived for specific web content solely.